Tin Tabernacle
Frampton's Methodist Chapel
(Information provided by Peter Cox)
The chapel was already abandoned when it was moved from its site east of Rural Lane (see red square on map) after the 1931 sale of the Sheridan Estate.  Transported to the Watercress Beds at Magiston, it was subsequently used as a rest room and for storage.  It's in a sorry state but still standing and visible from the Sydling road.  A Magiston resident rescued one of the seats which now has a new lease of life in a pleasant garden in Frampton
FRAMPTON DORSET
History

promoting interest in all things past
people, buildings, industry, events, geology, archaeology, geneology